SILON designs, produces and sells polyolefin based performance compounds and polyester fibers for applications in construction, the automotive industry, for hygienic and medical applications and for general processing. SILON offers industrial park services in Plana nad Luznici through its subsidiary company.
GENERAL COMPANY STATEMENT
SILON started its activities in the 1950s with the production of polyamide filament yarn and has constantly geared its business model towards innovation and clients. After the extension of the product portfolio to Technical Compounds, the re-orientation of the fiber business to technical application and the introduction of short-spinning fiber technology using postconsumer PET – flakes as raw material the name SILON always stood for quality, safety and reliability.
Today, SILON designs, produces and sells polyolefin-based performance compounds and polyester fibers for applications in construction, the automotive industry, for hygienic and medical applications, as well as for general industrial applications.
SILON also offers industrial park services in Plana nad Luznici through its subsidiary company.
Traditional values and a pronounced quality awareness, combined with a high degree of experience and expertise, form the basis for the continuous progress of the internationally active family business. Family representatives, advisory board and management always act in the awareness of the origin of the company – and with an alert eye on the future. They track down trends, continuously observe developments on the market and react quickly and decisively to changes. Together with its employees, SILON is determined to pursue new paths and is already working today on tomorrow’s solutions.
THE ADVISORY BOARD
A five-member advisory board supports the management as a think tank. This also includes representatives of the owner families as permanent representatives. With proven industry competence, the expert committee evaluates trends and changes on the world market as well as opportunities for further economic growth of the company. The advisory board supports the management with significant issues and the development and implementation of the future company strategy, providing important impulses. The Advisory Board focuses on corporate strategy, key performance indicators, capital expenditures and human resources policy. The committee bears a great deal of responsibility and can exercise its right of veto in corporate decisions that go beyond the day-to-day business. In this way, a solid and well-founded development is guaranteed with bundled competence.
THE MANAGEMENT BOARD
Together with the Advisory Board, the responsibility for the strategic orientation of the company lies with the Management, consisting of Shukhrat Saidov (Chief Executive Officer) and Dr. Bernd Morawitz (Chief Financial Officer). They closely monitor market developments, weigh up trends responsibly and focus digitally and analogously on efficient structures, networking, agility and innovative thinking. The managing directors are committed to the ethical principles of the company and are aware of their social responsibility for the globally active and constantly growing company.
VALUES, VISION, MISSION
As a family business, SILON strives for sustainability combined with a long-term view on profitability. Our targets are set by our defined values. They guide us in our daily operation and define how we work together – as a team with our colleagues, our customers and our partners:
- We are doing things the right way.
- We value the health and safety of people.
- We help to create a sustainable environment.
- We deliver on our promises
- We are communicating clearly and transparent; in order to build lasting relationships.
- We treat others in the same way we would like to be treated ourselves.
- We call a mistake a mistake and use our energy for actions, not for excuses.
- We are committed to conduct business with integrity and fast .
- We are committed with heart and mind.
- We are continuously striving for innovation and improvement.
- We are hungry to learn.
“We provide our customers with highest-standard products and services that exceed their expectations.”
“SILON’s vision is to be Europe’s leading company for advanced, sustainable and reliable material solutions for technical compounds and polyester fibres.“
We produce products for the whole world
SILON places great emphasis on assurance of the high quality of our products. In compliance with the requirements of the international IATF 16 949 standard, SILON maintains and effectively improves its documented quality management system.
FACTS & FIGURES
Founding and legal status
- 1950 as a producer of polyamide fibers
- Joint stock company registered on the Prague stock exchange from 1995 till 2005
- 2005 conversion to SILON s.r.o. (limited liability company) and delisting from the stock exchange
- Mr. Bernhard Rustige
- J.F. Müller & Sohn AG (Hamburg)
- Consil Verwaltungs-und Beteiligungsgesellschaft GmbH (Düsseldorf)
- M & F Capital a.s. (Planá nad Lužnicí)
- Mgr. Shukhrat Saidov (CEO)
- Dr. Bernhard Morawitz (CFO)
- approx. 480 (Dec 31, 2019)
Plana nad Luznici / Czech Republic: Headquarters and production
Düsseldorf / Germany: Sales and customer service
- SILON International GmbH (Düsseldorf)
- Czech Industrial Park s.r.o. (Plana nad Luznici)
- Tesil Fibres s.r.o. (Plana nad Luznici)
- SILON LLC (Peachtree City, Georgia – USA)
- approx.: 160 Mio. €
- Fibers: 33.000 tons (SILON s.r.o.)
- Compounds: 66.000 tons (SILON s.r.o.)
- Compounds: 10.000 tons (SILON, LLC)
- IATF 16949:2016
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- Öko-Tex Standard 100, Product-class I., App. 6 (in accordance with ISO 17050-1)
- Ecolabel certificate
- GRS certificate